Wednesday, January 6, 2010
With the recent advent of LA Live, the Staples Center is finally slowly becoming the leisure mecca it always wanted to be on paper. But you can still witness massive herds of pedestrians streaming away from the stadium after games as they make a beeline for their cars in the cheaper parking lots to the east. What a huge missed opportunity! If Figueroa's asphalt were stripped down, bringing its east side within easy striding reach, there'd suddenly be the perfect excuse for impromptu pubs + sausage vendors to welcome all that foot traffic. Because there's nothing better than having a post-game beer and hot dog to keep you company while watching your fellow fans wander by. See it narrowed!
Diptych prints available
explore the map
- friday favorites: norwich, united kingdom
- lincoln boulevard + washington boulevard
- reader request: hyperion ave + tracy street
- essay: the clustering instinct
- the grove
- friday favorites: los angeles, california
- eagle rock boulevard + colorado boulevard (II)
- essay: cul-de-sacs remind me of appendicitis
- reader request: 6th street + park view street
- burbank boulevard + van nuys boulevard
- crenshaw boulevard + martin luther king, jr. boule...
- friday favorites: portofino, italy
- silver lake boulevard + effie street, silver lake ...
- essay: looking vs. seeing when visualizing urban r...
- reader request: silver lake boulevard + effie stre...
- reader request: van nuys boulevard + oxnard street...
- reader request: eagle rock boulevard + colorado bo...
- friday favorites: Boston, USA
- wilshire boulevard + orange grove avenue, museum r...
- figueroa street + 12th street, downtown
- documentary: hot cities
- westwood boulevard + pico boulevard, west los ange...
- friday favorites: paris, france
- ▼ January 2010 ( 23 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design