Thursday, January 21, 2010
Here's another view of last week's Eagle Rock reader request. What strikes me about the "before" picture is the amount of effort + regulation such large intersections require — just look at all those dotted turn guides painted on the asphalt! Makes sense, though: the bigger the intersection, the less drivers are able to clue in on their surroundings, and the more guidance they'll need. It's all so formal + rigid, isn't it? A smaller Eagle Rock Blvd. would be far more spontaenous. Infill it with shops + commerce — there's plenty of room — and you'd have even more diversions to explore. See it narrowed!
Diptych prints available
explore the map
- friday favorites: norwich, united kingdom
- lincoln boulevard + washington boulevard
- reader request: hyperion ave + tracy street
- essay: the clustering instinct
- the grove
- friday favorites: los angeles, california
- eagle rock boulevard + colorado boulevard (II)
- essay: cul-de-sacs remind me of appendicitis
- reader request: 6th street + park view street
- burbank boulevard + van nuys boulevard
- crenshaw boulevard + martin luther king, jr. boule...
- friday favorites: portofino, italy
- silver lake boulevard + effie street, silver lake ...
- essay: looking vs. seeing when visualizing urban r...
- reader request: silver lake boulevard + effie stre...
- reader request: van nuys boulevard + oxnard street...
- reader request: eagle rock boulevard + colorado bo...
- friday favorites: Boston, USA
- wilshire boulevard + orange grove avenue, museum r...
- figueroa street + 12th street, downtown
- documentary: hot cities
- westwood boulevard + pico boulevard, west los ange...
- friday favorites: paris, france
- ▼ January 2010 ( 23 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design