Thursday, December 10, 2009
I was lucky enough to stumble upon these beautiful Dutch cargo bikes on my way to work this morning. They're distributed by the uber-friendly Jon Lind, founder of De Fietsfabriek, a company that distributes these useful bikes here in the US, where most people consider bikes to be impractical toys for either children or wealthy jocks. Jon has lived in Amsterdam and returns frequently, which is where he caught the bicycle bug big time. More pix of these sweet machines at my flickr photostream.
Free this weekend? Come meet Jon for yourself! De Fietsfabriek will be participating in the Save Scooby-Roo Rescue Ride this Sunday, meeting in front of the Healthy Spot dog supply store at 1110 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica. Here's the official flyer.
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- sawtelle boulevard, west los angeles
- reader request: 3rd street promenade, santa monica...
- study: street width vs. accident frequency
- sunset boulevard + echo park avenue, echo park
- friday favorites: venice, italy
- la brea avenue + 6th street, mid-wilshire (I)
- reader request: flower street + pico boulevard, do...
- video: copenhagen's innovative cycling policies
- sunset boulevard, echo park (II)
- nature abhors a monoculture
- friday favorites: barcelona, spain
- geek out: narrow street design guide from SMRC
- video: charley in new town (1948)
- reader request: sunset boulevard, echo park (I)
- get involved: "complete streets"
- melrose avenue near gardner street, melrose distri...
- friday favorites: kyoto, japan
- meet jon lind of de fietsfabriek dutch cargo bikes...
- guerilla activism: do-it-yourself "sharrows"
- wilshire boulevard + 9th street, santa monica
- cast your vote: people powered movement photo cont...
- get involved: the livable streets initiative
- la cienega boulevard, restaurant row
- friday favorites: shibuya, tokyo, japan
- david owen's "green metropolis": what do new yorke...
- arden boulevard + 6th street, hancock park
- respect: matt logue's "empty LA"
- CNU video contest winner: remix urban spaces now!
- ▼ December 2009 ( 28 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design