Friday, December 11, 2009
Reader Marc Phu sends in his favorite for this Friday: a garbage crew squeezing past a corner on a cozy street in Kyoto, where the philosophy is not to build wider streets, but to simply use smaller trash trucks!
Every friday we'll post our favorite narrow streets from around the world. Got a friday favorite of your own? Send in your photos!
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- sawtelle boulevard, west los angeles
- reader request: 3rd street promenade, santa monica...
- study: street width vs. accident frequency
- sunset boulevard + echo park avenue, echo park
- friday favorites: venice, italy
- la brea avenue + 6th street, mid-wilshire (I)
- reader request: flower street + pico boulevard, do...
- video: copenhagen's innovative cycling policies
- sunset boulevard, echo park (II)
- nature abhors a monoculture
- friday favorites: barcelona, spain
- geek out: narrow street design guide from SMRC
- video: charley in new town (1948)
- reader request: sunset boulevard, echo park (I)
- get involved: "complete streets"
- melrose avenue near gardner street, melrose distri...
- friday favorites: kyoto, japan
- meet jon lind of de fietsfabriek dutch cargo bikes...
- guerilla activism: do-it-yourself "sharrows"
- wilshire boulevard + 9th street, santa monica
- cast your vote: people powered movement photo cont...
- get involved: the livable streets initiative
- la cienega boulevard, restaurant row
- friday favorites: shibuya, tokyo, japan
- david owen's "green metropolis": what do new yorke...
- arden boulevard + 6th street, hancock park
- respect: matt logue's "empty LA"
- CNU video contest winner: remix urban spaces now!
- ▼ December 2009 ( 28 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design