Tuesday, November 17, 2009
This snapshot of single-car vs. public transport commuting across the U.S. illustrates a dominance of car travel in Los Angeles as compared to, say, New York City--that's no surprise. What's more interesting is how LA's data point is snuggled up close with places like Milwaukee, Portland, San Jose, and Memphis. For me, this shows that while LA may think it's a big city, it acts more like the very suburbs it tends to ridicule (e.g. its false rivalry with neighboring Orange County). When it comes to walking the walk, Angelenos may have more in common with folks in Oklahoma City than they realize. (via Shareable)
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard, santa monic...
- respect: cicLAvia
- melrose avenue + la brea boulevard, hollywood
- sunset boulevard + clark street, west hollywood
- respect: "los angeles without traffic"
- la cienega boulevard + 3rd street, mid-wilshire
- where my single-car commuters at?
- century park east, century city
- 1st street, japantown
- montana avenue, santa monica
- welcome to narrow streets los angeles!
- ▼ November 2009 ( 11 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design