Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Imagine you're in line at the world-famous Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood, and you realize you don't have any cash. You have two choices: risk life + limb jaywalking across La Brea's seven lanes to reach the supermarket ATM across the street, or detour to the intersection at the end of the block--adding up to a quarter-mile to your cash run. A skinnier street would give you the third option: hop through a gap in the slowed traffic, get your cash, and hop back. Imagine dozens of people doing the same thing, and you've got yourself a party! See it narrowed!
Diptych prints available
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard, santa monic...
- respect: cicLAvia
- melrose avenue + la brea boulevard, hollywood
- sunset boulevard + clark street, west hollywood
- respect: "los angeles without traffic"
- la cienega boulevard + 3rd street, mid-wilshire
- where my single-car commuters at?
- century park east, century city
- 1st street, japantown
- montana avenue, santa monica
- welcome to narrow streets los angeles!
- ▼ November 2009 ( 11 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design