Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Despite its current revitalization, Japantown still feels like your typical suburb: wide lanes, excessive parking, and sparse foot traffic. It's ironic that all of the hallmarks of its namesake are absent: public transportation culture, street vendors, crowds, and of course, narrow streets. Cutting out all that asphalt fat makes for a much cozier scene, bringing the neighborhood much closer to Christopher Alexander's "Quality Without A Name." See the QWAN for yourself!
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard, santa monic...
- respect: cicLAvia
- melrose avenue + la brea boulevard, hollywood
- sunset boulevard + clark street, west hollywood
- respect: "los angeles without traffic"
- la cienega boulevard + 3rd street, mid-wilshire
- where my single-car commuters at?
- century park east, century city
- 1st street, japantown
- montana avenue, santa monica
- welcome to narrow streets los angeles!
- ▼ November 2009 ( 11 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design