Monday, November 30, 2009
Santa Monica is one of those rare places in the world in that it's an urban haven situated right on the beach. Well, not right on the beach: just to get to the bluffs overlooking the shore one has to cross seven lanes of asphalt. (Getting to the beach itself involves a trek across the freeway-in-disguise known as PCH, but that's another story.) Grabbing that sunset photo could be so much easier and more spontaneous if Ocean Avenue were only, say, two lanes wide. Our beloved tourist friends could hop out of the restaurant, snap a pic, and hop back--what could be more fun? Show it narrowed!
Diptych prints available
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard, santa monic...
- respect: cicLAvia
- melrose avenue + la brea boulevard, hollywood
- sunset boulevard + clark street, west hollywood
- respect: "los angeles without traffic"
- la cienega boulevard + 3rd street, mid-wilshire
- where my single-car commuters at?
- century park east, century city
- 1st street, japantown
- montana avenue, santa monica
- welcome to narrow streets los angeles!
- ▼ November 2009 ( 11 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design