Thursday, February 11, 2010
To me, Abbot Kinney represents the apex of haute California culture: hipster entrepreneurs lazily skate by on longboards past boutique shops and cutting-edge architecture on a road dense enough with street-facing touch points to create a modern village bubbling with life, morning to evening. Walking this street is still a one-sided affair, however, with ever-circumspect pedestrians checking over their shoulders for cars, who tend to use this straightaway as a shortcut from Main to Venice Blvd. Didn't they ever hear that patience is a virtue? Stripping out a few lanes would keep those cars in check and let this Westside gem shine that much brighter. See it narrowed!
High quality prints available
explore the map
- friday favorites: hanbury road, london
- melrose avenue + gower street
- crenshaw boulevard + martin luther king, jr. boule...
- reader request: colorado boulevard + mount royal d...
- reader request: eagle rock boulevard + yosemite dr...
- friday favorites: sitges, spain
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino aven...
- reader request: sunset boulevard + virgil avenue
- 6th street + park view street, macarthur park
- larchmont boulevard
- friday favorites: the narrowest street in the worl...
- abbot kinney boulevard, venice
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino ave ...
- red light stop, green light go, yellow light gun i...
- 6th street + lorraine boulevard, hancock park
- reader request: san gabriel boulevard near hunting...
- streetfilms' latest video: the new times square
- friday favorites: olvera street, los angeles
- 3rd street + the grove drive
- reader request: grand avenue + 1st street (northwe...
- individuality, capitalism, + lawn care: upon readi...
- camden avenue + massachusetts avenue, westwood
- ▼ February 2010 ( 22 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design