Monday, February 22, 2010
Thanks to Ramon Martinez for the location request.
It's easy to imagine the famous Red Car trains running along this stretch of Eagle Rock Blvd., like they once did back in the day. In fact, a train line down the middle of this road would make sense, given its width. Without the train, however, it feels lonely + placeless; the dedicated left-turn lane flanked by an extra-wide lane buffer to the left and double-double yellow lines to the right seems like overkill, as if street painters had too much canvas to work with. How great would it be to bring back the trains and return this street to its original sense of scale? See it narrowed!
High quality prints available
explore the map
- friday favorites: hanbury road, london
- melrose avenue + gower street
- crenshaw boulevard + martin luther king, jr. boule...
- reader request: colorado boulevard + mount royal d...
- reader request: eagle rock boulevard + yosemite dr...
- friday favorites: sitges, spain
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino aven...
- reader request: sunset boulevard + virgil avenue
- 6th street + park view street, macarthur park
- larchmont boulevard
- friday favorites: the narrowest street in the worl...
- abbot kinney boulevard, venice
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino ave ...
- red light stop, green light go, yellow light gun i...
- 6th street + lorraine boulevard, hancock park
- reader request: san gabriel boulevard near hunting...
- streetfilms' latest video: the new times square
- friday favorites: olvera street, los angeles
- 3rd street + the grove drive
- reader request: grand avenue + 1st street (northwe...
- individuality, capitalism, + lawn care: upon readi...
- camden avenue + massachusetts avenue, westwood
- ▼ February 2010 ( 22 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design