a fantasy urban makeover in photographs
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
When I have to take a trip from Mid-Wilshire to, say, Hodori restaurant in K-town (that's Koreatown, dontcha know), I always make sure to take my favorite crosstown drive: 6th Street. Heady + lush foliage spills over the vintage LA homes lining the road, which bends here and there to provide a welcome diversion from the city's usual gridded monotony. A narrowed 6th Street pulls roadside trees closer together to form a dense green tunnel (seen elsewhere in Hancock Park) and just slows everything down, to create a boldly impractical path that lets our lovely jaunt last as long as we wish. See it narrowed!
High quality prints available
explore the map
- friday favorites: hanbury road, london
- melrose avenue + gower street
- crenshaw boulevard + martin luther king, jr. boule...
- reader request: colorado boulevard + mount royal d...
- reader request: eagle rock boulevard + yosemite dr...
- friday favorites: sitges, spain
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino aven...
- reader request: sunset boulevard + virgil avenue
- 6th street + park view street, macarthur park
- larchmont boulevard
- friday favorites: the narrowest street in the worl...
- abbot kinney boulevard, venice
- reader request: huntington drive + san marino ave ...
- red light stop, green light go, yellow light gun i...
- 6th street + lorraine boulevard, hancock park
- reader request: san gabriel boulevard near hunting...
- streetfilms' latest video: the new times square
- friday favorites: olvera street, los angeles
- 3rd street + the grove drive
- reader request: grand avenue + 1st street (northwe...
- individuality, capitalism, + lawn care: upon readi...
- camden avenue + massachusetts avenue, westwood
- ▼ February 2010 (22)
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design