Thursday, April 8, 2010
Via Pedestrianist, a possibly circa 1948 plan sketch for something called the Minnatoma Project, which was to involve a row of parking structures connecting the Bayshore Freeway to the Bay Bridge Freeway right in San Francisco. Yikes!
This rendering sure is cringe-worthy. But why? Let's break it down in the comments, one design detail at a time--what's wrong with this picture?
More great pix at Eric Fischer's photostream.
explore the map
- friday favorites: VW microbus subway
- thursday do-overs: american makeover's "sprawlanta...
- sunset boulevard + doheny road, west hollywood
- google search story: "LA street story"
- wilshire boulevard + 3rd street promenade, santa m...
- friday favorites: tyler street, dallas, texas
- do-over thursday: time-lapse narrowing fun!
- pico boulevard near vermont avenue, byzantine-lati...
- visualization fix: green island
- alley between 3rd + 4th streets off the 3rd street...
- friday favorites: long tang street, shanghai, chin...
- do-over thursday: NYC DOT's open call for public s...
- reader request: 6th street + spring street, downto...
- visualization fix: taichung gateway project
- spring street bridge, glendale junction
- friday favorites: belden place, san francisco
- do-over thursday: what's wrong with this picture?
- figueroa street + olympic boulevard, downtown
- one to watch: community design group
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard (II), santa ...
- van nuys boulevard + burbank boulevard, van nuys: ...
- ▼ April 2010 ( 21 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design