The average Atlantan drives 60 miles a day? "Drive 'til you qualify" for affordable housing, indeed. Filmmaker John Paget continues to kick ass all over the place with his great documentary, which is peppered with eyebrow-raising factoids such as "3 pedestrians get struck every week" on the streets of Atlanta (many of which routinely stretch 8 lanes wide). Or how about: Gone With the Wind author Margaret Mitchell was killed crossing the street in this city — an idiot death for such a brilliant writer.
This film makes its point loud + clear: the time is ripe for a major do-over on a nationwide scale! Maybe it's time for a Narrow Streets: Atlanta edition..?
Thursday, April 29, 2010
explore the map
- friday favorites: VW microbus subway
- thursday do-overs: american makeover's "sprawlanta...
- sunset boulevard + doheny road, west hollywood
- google search story: "LA street story"
- wilshire boulevard + 3rd street promenade, santa m...
- friday favorites: tyler street, dallas, texas
- do-over thursday: time-lapse narrowing fun!
- pico boulevard near vermont avenue, byzantine-lati...
- visualization fix: green island
- alley between 3rd + 4th streets off the 3rd street...
- friday favorites: long tang street, shanghai, chin...
- do-over thursday: NYC DOT's open call for public s...
- reader request: 6th street + spring street, downto...
- visualization fix: taichung gateway project
- spring street bridge, glendale junction
- friday favorites: belden place, san francisco
- do-over thursday: what's wrong with this picture?
- figueroa street + olympic boulevard, downtown
- one to watch: community design group
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard (II), santa ...
- van nuys boulevard + burbank boulevard, van nuys: ...
- ▼ April 2010 ( 21 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design